Agassiz United Church (Kent, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Agassiz United Church (Kent, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Both Methodist and Presbyterian activity in Agassiz dates back to the early 1890s. A Quarterly Official Board was formed by Methodists in Agassiz in 1895, and a Presbyterian congregation was formally organized in 1900. The latter came to be called Geneva Presbyterian Church (in 1908 the records first refer to the congregation by this name). In 1925 the two congregations joined together to form Agassiz United Church. This constituted a pastoral charge in Westminster Presbytery from 1925 to 1959, when it became part of Fraser Presbytery. In 1969, the combined Agassiz-Rosedale Pastoral Charge was formed. The two charges were combined under the arrangement that joint Official Boards and congregational meetings would function together with separate boards and organizations in the Agassiz and Rosedale congregations.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places