Fonds - All Saints' Parish (Shawnigan Lake, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

All Saints' Parish (Shawnigan Lake, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1912-1971 (Creation)
    Creator
    All Saints' Parish (Shawnigan Lake, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

28.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Church of All Saints,' Shawnigan was constructed in 1912 and was consecrated on February 28, 1913. Prior to that, by 1866, the Shawnigan District was being served by the Missionary at Cowichan. Services were then conducted by a lay reader until 1909, when the area was served temporarily from Duncan. Shawnigan became affiliated with Cobble Hill under one priest in 1910 and the church was built in 1912. By 1939 the Church of All Saints' had been dismantled and re-erected at another site within the parish, where it was re-opened for services. In 1965, All Saints, Shawnigan, and St. John the Baptist, Cobble Hill each had a resident priest. In 1971 and 1972, the clergyman's position at All Saints' was vacant. The unused church building was sold in 1978.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of registers, vestry and parish council records, correspondence, reports, financial records, property records, membership lists, women's organization records, notes, and related documentation and correspondence. Parish registers include: baptisms (1913 1969, confirmations (1966), marriages (1921-1965, with a list of earlier marriages 1912-1920), civil marriages (1965-1971), and services (1937-1969).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: ANGBC-202

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres