Fonds - All Saints' Parish (Vernon, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

All Saints' Parish (Vernon, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1884-1988 (Creation)
    Creator
    All Saints' Parish (Vernon, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

139.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Services were first held in Vernon in the early 1880's and the area was subsequently included in the Kamloops Missionary District. By 1892 the Okanagan Missionary District, with a mission area stretching from Vernon to the American border had been divided from the Kamloops district. In 1893 the area from Kelowna south to the border was separated and in 1896 the north Okanagan region was divided between Vernon and Enderby. A church was built in 1893. In 1912 Lumby was separated from Vernon as a new parish but was periodically reattached to Vernon. In 1978 the Vernon Area Ministry was formed together with the parish of Armstrong-Enderby. This form of team ministry, which also included Mara and Lumby, continued during the 1980's.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of parish registers (1884-1962), baptism registers (1952-1967), civil registers (1920-1987), burial registers (1962-1988), confirmation register (1953-1966), service registers, vestry and parish council records (1895-1980), correspondence, financial records, membership lists, women's organizations records, Sunday school records, journal, newsletters. Includes Armstrong; Coldstream; Enderby; Kamloops; Kedleston; Lansdowne; Lavington; Lumby; Nicola Lake; Okanagan Landing; Penticton; Savona; Trinity Valley; Trout Creek (now Summerland). Parish registers include: baptisms (1884-1952), confirmations (1892-1952), marriages (1884-1935), burials (1885-1962), services (1894-1900), parish history (1907-1954).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: ANGKOOT-336

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres