Fonds - Brentwood Memorial Chapel (Brentwood Bay, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Brentwood Memorial Chapel (Brentwood Bay, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1927-1990 (Creation)
    Creator
    Brentwood Memorial Chapel (Brentwood Bay, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 cm of textual records;3 architectural records;30 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Brentwood College Chapel was the chapel for Brentwood College, a private boys school established in Brentwood Bay in 1923. The foundation stone of the Chapel was laid on October 25, 1925. During the years following its erection, services were conducted by clergy from Victoria on a rotating basis, until the school buildings burned down in 1947. Only the Chapel survived. The school was forced to close and the Chapel, and related property, was transferred to Synod. Brentwood College reopened in September 1961 at a new location in Mill Bay. An annual service of remembrance is still held in the old Chapel, renamed Brentwood Memorial Chapel. The Brentwood Memorial Chapel was assigned a resident priest and it became the parish church for the Brentwood District. By 1986 the Chapel was a member of Saanich Deanery. It is listed in the synod journals of 1990 and 1993 as the Independent Parish of Brentwood Anglican Chapel. It is located at 792 Sea Drive, Brentwood Bay.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records of the Anglican Church Women (ACW), marriage records (civil), vestry books, special leaflets, property records, and related documentation and correspondence.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: ANGBC-687

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres