Buildings and structures

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Buildings and structures

Equivalent terms

Buildings and structures

Associated terms

Buildings and structures

246 Archival description results for Buildings and structures

246 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Building Permit Registers

Outlined in By-law 325 (1903), the duties of the Building Inspector included the examination of construction of buildings and repairs, making the Office of the Building Inspector a likely candidate for the responsibility of the Fort William building permit registers. Through reviewing annual reports (Series 16) it appears that the office of the Building Inspector came under the direction of the Fire Water and Light Committee.

Arranged numerically by year and permit number, registers (Between 1912 and 1972) generally include the following details:
permit number, date, owner, information on the location of the building including lot, block, plan, street and address, a description of the building including construction details of walls, foundations and roof, the names of architect/contractor and plumber/electrician, the costs of the construction, any fees charged and the purpose of the permit. Monthly summaries give the
totals for different categories of construction such as duplexes, single dwellings, sheds, commercial and institutional buildings.

The earliest building permits (1907-1911) do not include details regarding the contractor, builder, plumber or electrician, but still provide a description of the purpose of building and value attached to the construction.

This series consists of bound volumes with details of construction completed under a permit number. There is no index to permit numbers, by name or property. Researchers must know the approximate year of the construction for a property in order to search, page by page, for the street address.

Building of Change Project fonds

  • UVICARCH AR355
  • Fonds
  • 2000-2002

The fonds consists of project files including correspondence, funding, proposals, newspaper clippings, research papers; journals and notebook; scrapbook entitled "Building of Change: the process exposed"; oral history interview tapes; video recordings. Audio cassettes included records interviews with: Jacquie Ackerly, Sharon Chow, Harrinder Dhillon, Dorothy Livingston, Norrie Preston, and Joan Russo.

Building of Change Project

Buildings and grounds series

Series consists of five sub-series: A. Renovation planning, [ca.1965]-1983; B. Restoration and renovation, 1989-2000; C. Restoration 125 Millennium Project, 1994-2003; D. Projects and campaigns, 2001-2008; E. Photographs of buildings and grounds, [after 1990 and before 2005].

Restoration and renovation sub-series consists of architectural plans and building photographs for Cridge Memorial Hall and the Church of Our Lord, Church of Our Lord Feasability Study records and report, 1992-1994, Restoration & Renovation Committee records, 1993-2000, and other records. The Restoration 125 Millennium Project sub-series consists of administrative and legal records, fundraising and financial records, Community Ministry Campaign files, architectural records, site plans, and project photographs. Includes architectural plans by Martin Golder, Architect, and engineers’ working plans used on site. Projects and campaigns sub-series pertains to church buildings and to Humboldt Valley development.

C. W. Palmer & Property Tax Receipts

  • Tantramar Heritage Trust IWFFonds-2006.14.03-2006.14.03/65
  • Item
  • 1950-1951
  • Part of Wry Family Fonds

Items are: a receipt for property tax paid on 53 Lansdowne Street by John Alward, and includes original bill and envelope, dated 1951, and a receipt from C. W. Palmer’s concerning the Chevy, dated 1950.

Cambridge House fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1971-1972

The fonds consists of floor plans, renovation contracts, billings, reference files.

Cambridge House (Victoria, B.C.)

Cameron Lake Chalet fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1912-1936

The fonds consists of the hotel registers (1912-1936) of the Cameron Lake Chalet.

Cameron Lake Chalet

Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce Archives collection

  • Fonds
  • 1940-1967

The collection consists of photographs from the CIBC Archives. Larger images were taken in the 1940s of the interior and exterior of the Canadian Bank of Commerce on Alexander Ave. Later images were taken in 1967 after the Montebello fire and illustrate the streetscape in the downtown core. The source of the 1967 images is CIBCs premise department collection. The collection consists of laser prints and corresponding digital images.

Cedar Community Association fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1942, 1967

The fonds consists of a financial report (1942) and a list of residents who contributed to the addition at Speedway Hall and had their names inscribed on bricks on the north wall of the Cedar Community Hall.

Cedar Community Association

Centenary Queen Square United Church (Saint John)

  • CA MNBM S 100
  • Fonds
  • 1835-1975

This fonds administrative records of the church, most of which come from the period after 1936. The earlier records include correspondence of the Board of Trustees, 1838-1893, 1957-1958, and some receipts and invoices,1838-1920. There are also minutes of the Board of Stewards, 1936-1949, 1964; membership lists, reports and other material of the Board of Sessions, 1940-1961; balance sheets and budgets, 1945-1964; and minutes of the A.O.T.S Men's Club, 1954-1968.

Centenary Queen Square United Church (Saint John, N.B.)

Central Hall Association fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1896-1937

The fonds consists of minutes and accounts of the Central Hall Association on Salt Spring Island.

Central Hall Association (Salt Spring Island, B.C.)

Results 21 to 30 of 246