Buildings and structures

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Buildings and structures

Equivalent terms

Buildings and structures

Associated terms

Buildings and structures

246 Archival description results for Buildings and structures

246 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Vaughan Township Historical Society fonds

  • ON00373 MG 5
  • Fonds
  • 1868, [ca. 1900-1935], 1977-1995

Textual records consist of minute books, and membership lists and treasurer's lists; graphic material consists of photoprints depicting the presentation of the original 1868 plans of the Vellore School and accompanying architectural material by the Vaughan Township Historical Society to Archives Vaughan, 1989, Dec. 9; as well as microfiche copy of photo album documenting Historical Society's barn project, 1974, microfiche of plan of side-road between lots 40 and 41, concession 1 illustrating longitudinal and cross sections, 1866, photoprints of John Harvie, Maple's first train conductor, taken in 1914, and undated photoprint of Keffer Log House, lot 14, concession 3. Fonds also includes two printing plates used in Society's publication of, Somerville, Patricia and Macfarlane, Catherine, eds. Vaughan Township Churches (Maple: Vaughan Township Historical Society, 1985); and collected material relating to Vellore School: correspondence of Vellore School Trustees, 1868, and original 1868 architectural drawings (3 elevations) of the Vellore School and sundry late 20th-century material related to the restoration thereof. Of note, too, is a series of postcards providing extensive visual documentation of Vaughan Township during the late-19th to early-20th century. Also present is a video production released in 1995 by the Vaughan Township Historical Society relating to the Village of Maple during the 1940's, and the full interview with Joe Stong relating to the history of the Stong family in Vaughan and North York, excerpts of which were utilized in the production of the former.

Heritage Vaughan fonds

  • ON00373 RG 8-C
  • Fonds
  • 1977-1994, 1996

Fonds consists of agendas and minutes spanning 1977 to 1994: record of deliberations and discussions, and decisions of the committee, and by-laws passed by City of Vaughan Council relating to the committee and heritage issues. Fonds also includes copy of Town of Vaughan Archaeological Facility Master Plan Study, 1989; Thornhill Heritage Conservation District Study and Plan, 1988; and Town of Vaughan Vellore School and Township Hall Feasibility Study, 1988; detailed site plans generated in 1988 delineating lots, concessions, geographic blocks, streets and accompanying property (street) numbers, easements, hydro corridors, as well as waterways; and photo album documenting official opening of the Beaverbrook Activity Centre for Seniors (Noble House), 9995 Keele St., 1986 June 22, a property designated under the Ontario Heritage Act. A 1996 television interview with a Heritage Vaughan member recorded on videocassette is also present.

Photographs

Series consists of photograhs depicting the people and places of early Vaughan as well as the post offices throughout Vaughan Township (Norberta wrote a book Chatting About the Post Offices of Vaughan Township, Ontario, published 1983), Norberta was also a long-time journalist with the Woodbridge and Vaughan News and thus some of the photos she used in her articles can also be found in this series.

Edgeley, Ontario post office

Photograph showing the first and only location of the Edgeley post office which was also the general store. It was located on the south east corner of Thornhill Sideroad and the Fifth Concession of Vaughan Township, Ontario, now Hwy. 7 and Jane St. Mr. L. Arthur Whitmore, postmaster and general store owner, is seen here putting groceries in a buggy. In the buggy on the right is his father-in-law, William Reid, an Edgeley blacksmith, who was ready to leave for Concord to pick up the mail from the train at the Thornhill station. The Edgeley post office and store was closed on July 12, 1960. It was demolished when Jane St was widened and paved in 1965.

Paul Edell fonds

  • ON00210 5
  • Fonds
  • [191-]-1964

The fonds consists of records related to Paul Edell's business and community activities. Included is business and synagogue correspondence, property documents, certificates and a ledger book.

Georgian Manor Home for the Aged fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1954-2010

Fonds consists of Georgian Manor Home for the Aged records.

Fonds is arranged in the following series:

Administration
Development and Planning
Finance and Accounting
Legal Affairs
Media and Public Relations
Miscellaneous
Social and Health Care Services

Georgian Manor Home for the Aged

Building Permit Registers

Outlined in By-law 325 (1903), the duties of the Building Inspector included the examination of construction of buildings and repairs, making the Office of the Building Inspector a likely candidate for the responsibility of the Fort William building permit registers. Through reviewing annual reports (Series 16) it appears that the office of the Building Inspector came under the direction of the Fire Water and Light Committee.

Arranged numerically by year and permit number, registers (Between 1912 and 1972) generally include the following details:
permit number, date, owner, information on the location of the building including lot, block, plan, street and address, a description of the building including construction details of walls, foundations and roof, the names of architect/contractor and plumber/electrician, the costs of the construction, any fees charged and the purpose of the permit. Monthly summaries give the
totals for different categories of construction such as duplexes, single dwellings, sheds, commercial and institutional buildings.

The earliest building permits (1907-1911) do not include details regarding the contractor, builder, plumber or electrician, but still provide a description of the purpose of building and value attached to the construction.

This series consists of bound volumes with details of construction completed under a permit number. There is no index to permit numbers, by name or property. Researchers must know the approximate year of the construction for a property in order to search, page by page, for the street address.

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

  • Fonds
  • 1966-

The Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Fonds consists of the records of the various administrative and medical departments of the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, and the predecessor organizations of the hospital.

The Fonds includes the following Series:
1) Board of Trustees
2) Office of the President/CEO
3) Medical Staff Advisory Board
4) Sunnybrook Foundation
5) Sunnybrook-Wellesley Merger
6) Sunnybrook-Women’s College Hospital Merger
7) Ear, Eye, Nose and Throat Services
8) Physical Medicine
9) Nursing
10) History
11) Reports
12) Publications
13) Ontario Council of Administrators of Teaching Hospitals
14) Building Plans
15) Medical Art
16) Dr. Marvin Tile
17) Portrait negatives
18) Events and Departments Photographs
19) Educational and events 35mm slides
20) Surgical 8mm film
21) Sunnybrook Volunteer Association/Canadian Red Cross Society
22) Artefacts
23) Ephemera

Sunnybrook Health Science Centre

Cooke fonds

  • ON00034 2012-004
  • Fonds
  • 1855 - 2005

Fonds consists of material relating to J. Cooke Concrete and to William Jacob Cooke, and includes deeds and other legal documents relating to lands; correspondence; ephemera; news clippings; maps and plans; notes on biographical and administrative history; photographs; and artifacts.

Results 1 to 10 of 246