Fonds - Chase Parent Teacher Association fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Chase Parent Teacher Association fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1945-1954 (Creation)
    Creator
    Chase Parent Teacher Association

Physical description area

Physical description

1.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Chase Superior School was formerly known as Chase School (1911) and Chase Public School (1913) and named Chase Superior School (c1920). In 1945 the Chase Parent Teacher Association was formed to study the child at home, school and community to create a better understanding between parents and teachers, and to secure their cooperation in all work for the best interests of the children. The Chase Parent Teacher Association initiated programs to raise money for school events; purchase equipment; hold inoculation and baby clinics; and to organize and promote social events and present a unified presence to the School Board and other government officials.;The building housing Chase Superior School was re-named Chase Primary School in 1988. An Elementary-High School was built in 1954. In 1962 Chase Secondary School became a separate entity and the elementary school was re-named Haldane Elementary in 1967.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of Minutes and membership lists (1945-1954) and a cash ledger (1949-1953).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: CHA-2867

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres