Series MJ-91.1 - Club Business

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Club Business

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Series

Reference code

SCNMJPL MJ-91-MJ-91.1

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1948-1999 (Creation)
    Creator
    Princess Patricia Club
    Place
    Moose Jaw

Physical description area

Physical description

12 cm of textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Princess Patricia Club of Moose Jaw was formed in October 1933 by Maudie Radcliffe Baylay and Nan Evans Buchbach. The original aim was to help young girls during the Depression. Assistance was given to numerous girls, but soon extended to needy families and the elderly.
The first executive elected were Maudie Radcliffe Baylay, president; Nan Evans Buchbach, vice-president; Verna Woods Forrest, secretary; and Dorothy Knox Gibson, treasurer.
Blue and silver were chosen as the club’s colours. Meetings were held weekly. A special project was undertaken once a month. The prime source of fund raising became the afternoon tea and bazaar. Other projects included charity balls, supper dances, tag days, gala Boxing Day dances and sales of roses and tulips.
In 1939 the Princess Patricia Club was invited to become the auxiliary to the 77th Battery Royal Canadian Artillery. During World War II, the Princess Patricia Club sent more than 2800 parcels to Battery personnel serving overseas. Funds raised were also spent on bursaries, nursing scholarships, milk for Britain campaign, children’s shelters, the elderly and the blind. In later years the Club supported many institutions and local agencies including the Union Hospital, Providence Hospital, St. Anthony’s Home, Pioneer Lodge, the Christmas Stocking Fund, and Easter boxes for shut-ins.
In 1999, after 66 years on a most distinguished record, the Princess Patricia Club, mostly because of a declining and aging membership disbanded. A final donation of the Club’s funds was made to the Foundation for the Moose Jaw Union Hospital.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This series consists of the constitution and by-laws, minutes of meetings and financial records.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Physical description

Box V-73

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres