Fonds Acc4992 - Earnscliffe Women's Institute fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Earnscliffe Women's Institute fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA PCA Acc4992

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1956-2006 (Creation)
    Creator
    Earnscliffe Women's Institute

Physical description area

Physical description

.09 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Earnscliffe Women’s Institute was organized at the schoolhouse in Earnscliffe, Prince Edward Island on 6 November 1929 by Miss Mary MacPhail. The first president was Mrs. Bernard Doyle, and Miss Dora Doyle, the teacher in Earnscliffe, was appointed Secretary. The first regular monthly meeting was held at Mrs. Doyle’s home. The Women’s Institute received a Rural Beautification prize for their work at the Earnscliffe School which included planting trees and flowers, putting up a new fence, and installing a new flag pole and flag. Over the years, card parties, dances, ice cream socials, cake and pantry sales, and an annual November auction were held to raise money. In 1972 the Earnscliffe Women’s Institute, along with the Cherry Valley Women’s Institute, took over ownership of the Cherry Valley School to be used as a community centre.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains five minute books of the Earnscliffe Women's Institute covering the dates 1956 to 2006. Along with meeting minutes, minute books contain membership lists, annual reports, lists of officers, and roll call as well as some financial records. The fonds also contains one issue of "Institute News" from December 1988 and a number of two-page histories of the Institute, written by the members.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

NO RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESS

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

PERMISSION FOR USE AND REPRODUCTION IS REQUIRED FROM THE PUBLIC ARCHIVES AND RECORDS OFFICE; QUESTIONS REGARDING COPYRIGHT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres