Collection Acc4342 - Employees of the Bank of Nova Scotia, Charlottetown, photographs

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Employees of the Bank of Nova Scotia, Charlottetown, photographs

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the collection

Level of description

Collection

Reference code

CA PCA Acc4342

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1921 (Creation)
    Creator
    Unknown

Physical description area

Physical description

2 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Provenance is unknown.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This collection consists of two photographs of employees of the Bank of Nova Scotia in Charlottetown. One photograph is of six female employees of the Bank of Nova Scotia in the last year the bank was located on the corner of Great George and Richmond. They are identified as follows:

Back row: Verna (Hooper) Cameron, Margaret (Hegan) Malone, Fanny (Robertson) Carter

Front row: Alice (McLaren) Aitken, Mamie (Trainor) Gallivan, Kit Murphy (married name unknown)

The second photograph was located behind the above photograph. It is of an unidentified male. Inscription is signed Allison.

The Bank of Nova Scotia opened its first branch on Prince Edward Island on 19 June 1882 in a building purchased from the defunct Bank of Prince Edward Island located at the northeast corner of Great George and King Streets. In 1883 it amalgamated with the Union Bank of Prince Edward Island and removed to that institution's building on the southeast corner of Great George and Richmond Streets. It continued to conduct business at this site until 1921 when it moved into new premises at Grafton and University where it remains today.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

The original of the first photograph was returned to the owner who had received it from the current Bank of Nova Scotia

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

NO RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESS

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

PERMISSION FOR USE AND REPRODUCTION IS REQUIRED FROM THE PUBLIC ARCHIVES AND RECORDS OFFICE; QUESTIONS REGARDING COPYRIGHT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER

Finding aids

NO FURTHER FINDING AID AVAILABLE

Associated materials

Information for administrative history taken from "The Currency and medals of Prince Edward Island" by Robert J. Graham, Earle K. Kennedy, J. Richard Becker

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Copy print and photocopy are located in the photograph binders in the Reading Room

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area