Fonds - Halcourt Cemetery fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Halcourt Cemetery fonds

General material designation

  • Cartographic material
  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1922 - 2009 (Creation)
    Creator
    Harcourt Cemetery

Physical description area

Physical description

2 cm of textual records. -- 2 maps.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Custodial history

Originally, the records were kept by Theodore Cleland, then Benjamin Cleland and then the Dahl family fom about 1960 on and donated to the South Peace Regional Archives by William and Josephine Dahl in 2011.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of a cemetery record book including the minutes from the Halcourt Church Board of Trustees meeting of April 24, 1922, appointing trustees Theodore Cleland, Thomas G. Cotton, William Dorin, Bertha Chambers, Thomas G. Chambers; and minutes from a meeting of June 10, 1946, at Halcourt where F. Brewer, B.O. Cleland, and Art Funnell discuss "the matter of the Municipality taking over the Halcourt Cemetery". Burials are recorded by date, or by family grouping. There is also a section containing names and payments for plots and remarks, and another section containing names of deceased, sex, age, date of death, date of burial, cause of death and officiating clergyman. Pages 148-152 records burials dated 1968-2009. Early pioneer family names appearing in the burial records include Funnell, Ingledew, McNaught, McEachern, Schenk, Cleland, Holmes, Churchman, Walker, and Booth. The last burial entry date recorded is in 2009. A newsclipping (undated) thanks Albert Hill, Larry Dahl, and Herman Kreiger for making wooden crosses to be used as markers, Fletcher Smith for the donation of lumber, and Bill Dahl and Peter McNaughton for setting the crosses in their places.

The fonds also contains two maps showing the locations of plots in the original Halcourt Cemetery and in the addition to the Cemetery (1954) with initials and names of plot occupants marked.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Maps: 0492.01 and 0492.02

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Final

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres