This fonds consists of a photo album containing approximately eighty pages of mounted black and white photographs which appear to have been taken during the 1950s and 1960s. Inserts include twenty-five photographs, one negative, seven contact sheets, and several pages of "National Film Board Cut Lines". Some of the photographs, which range in size from 2" x 2 1/2" to 8" x 11", are accompanied by descriptive captions. The photographs in the album are divided to various categories including: Agriculture, Beaches, Camping, Churches, Ferries, Fishing, Golf, Green Gables, Government House, Horse Racing, Highland Games, Lighthouses, Lobster Fishing, Monuments, Provincial Building, Scenes (Highway and Rural), Tourist Establishments, Park Playgrounds, Fishing Wharves, Rustico, and Swimming Pools. The final section of the album, consisting of approximately forty pages, is entitled "Contacts for Pictures Taken During Summer 1960, Photographer, David Forbert." The inserted twenty-five photographs include scenes of winter horse racing, fox farming, Richmond Street, the Maritime Central Airways, interiors of a passenger ferry boat, aerial views of the Provincial Buildings, and the Albany Travel Bureau.
The provenance of this album is unknown. It is suspected, however, that the album was compiled for use by the Department of Tourist Development in Prince Edward Island. Prior to 1940, the Prince Edward Island Travel Bureau existed more or less as a voluntary organization financed by public subscriptions and a grant from the PEI Government. On 2 January 1940, the Travel Bureau was taken over and operated as a Department of the Provincial Government. In the 1950s the Department name was changed to the Tourist and Information Bureau and in 1960 changed to the Department of Tourist Development. It would appear that the National Film Board was also involved in producing photographs for provincial tourist promotion for many years prior to the 1960s.