Affichage de 4 résultats

Description archivistique
Seulement les descriptions de haut niveau Public Archives and Records Office of Prince Edward Island Canadian National Railways
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

Evelyn Ferguson collection

  • CA PCA Acc4683
  • Collection
  • [ca. 1930s]

The collection consists of five photographs of public buildings and streetscapes of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island and three rural scenes from the Cavendish area.

Sans titre

Richard Deighan collection

  • CA PCA Acc4671
  • Collection
  • 1923-1937

This collection consists of a photograph of a train wreck which occurred in February 1923 outside of Tignish, Prince Edward Island. Also included is a newspaper clipping reporting on the condition of J. E. Cantwell, engineer and Ernest Deighan, fireman, two men who were injured during the crash. The collection also contains a certificate dated 17 February 1937 from the Canadian National Railways to Ernest Deighan who was promoted to locomotive fireman 14 August 1918.

Sans titre

Canadian Government Railways. P.E.I. Division fonds

  • CA PCA Acc4261
  • Fonds
  • 1902-1946

The fonds consist of a large volume of detailed plans of bridges and culverts built between 1916 and 1946 on the following branches of the PEI Railway: Souris, Georgetown, Montague, Charlottetown, Subdivision, Tignish, Cape Traverse, Murray Harbour, Elmira and Vernon. A few include remarks and/or specifications. Also included are photographs taken during the building of the Hillsborough Bridge, 1902-1905.

Sans titre

W. C. Murray collection

  • CA PCA Acc4233
  • Collection
  • 1916, 1946

The collection consists of right of way plans for the Murray Harbour, Mt. Herbert, Elmira, and Vernon subdivisions of the Canadian Government Railways and Prince Edward Island Railway, 1916, and a track profile of the Georgetown spur of the Canadian National Railroad, 1946. Trains running according to an established timetable began in April 1875 from Charlottetown to Summerside, Georgetown, and Souris return and from Summerside to Tignish. The branch line to Murray Harbour and intermediate stations was apparently laid around the turn of the century although rail connection with Charlottetown was not established until the Hillsborough Bridge was completed late in 1905. The line was resurveyed in 1915.

Sans titre