Print preview Close

Showing 99 results

Archival description
Unknown
Print preview View:

Prince Edward Island Arts Society executive: [197-]

  • CA PCA Acc4675
  • Collection
  • [197-]

This accession consists of one photograph of the executive of the Prince Edward Island Arts Society executive. There is partial identification of the individuals as follows: Back row l-r: Eleanor Lowe, Freda Breelman, ? MacKay, ? Taylor, Ruth Barlow, ? Taylor, ?; Front row l-r: ? Matheson, Jean Jones, Mrs. Bayfield Ellis. The photograph was owned by Jean Jones, a member of the executive of the Prince Edward Island Arts Society. The photographer is unknown and there is no indication of the occasion on which the photograph was taken.

Unknown

Sawmill at Milton, Prince Edward Island

  • CA PCA Acc4737
  • Fonds
  • [191?]

The fonds consists of one large format mounted photograph of the saw mill at Milton, Prince Edward Island between 1910 and 1920. The photographer is unknown.

Unknown

Souvenir of Montague, Prince Edward Island, postcard

  • CA PCNMPGG Fonds27
  • Collection
  • 1907

This single collected item consists of a postcard featuring an image of potatoes being loaded onto a schooner at the Montague wharf in 1907. The post card was sent to a Miss Mamie Shaw of Montague by G.? H., a friend, also a resident of Montague. Post marked 11 May 1907. Nothing is known about the creator of the image.

Unknown

Martin Lambert photograph

  • CA PCNMPGG Fonds39
  • Collection
  • [Copied before 1929]

This single collected item consists of a framed copy print of Martin Lambert. Originally of Ireland, Lambert was a resident of Montague, Prince Edward Island. His house was located on Main Street across from the present site of Stewart & Becks and he farmed the land on which the Garden of the Gulf Museum is located. He died in 1869.

Unknown

Anonymous Queens County lumber dealer's fonds

  • CA PCA Acc2723
  • Fonds
  • 1876-1879

The fonds contains an account book, inscribed "Brush Book," which lists purchases made by the lumber dealer's clients, most of whom are identified as living in Queens County, Prince Edward Island.

Unknown

St. Eleanor's jail and courthouse photograph

  • CA PCA Acc2960
  • Collection
  • [ca. 1864]

This fonds consists of one photograph of the St. Eleanor's jail and courthouse, ca. 1864.

In 1833, George Tanton was given the contract for the construction of a 3 story wooden structure to serve as the St. Eleanor's jail and courthouse. Twice annually (the first Tuesdays in June and October) a judge would travel from Charlottetown to St. Eleanor's to hold court sessions. These sessions lasted seven days. Open oral elections also took place here and often became very rough affairs. After the construction of a new jail and courthouse in Summerside in 1876, the St. Eleanor's structure was torn down, despite a petition that the establishment be appropriated to the community.

Unknown

Members of the Legislative Assembly photograph collection : 1901-1905, 1921, 1923-1927, 1931-1935, 1947-2000

  • CA PCA Acc3177
  • Collection
  • 1901-1905, 1921, 1923-1927, 1931-1935, 1947-2000

The collection consists of 563 copy negatives (445 - 35 mm negatives and 118 - 4x5 negatives) and one CD-ROM of images of the members of the Prince Edward Island Legislative Assembly taken from the official MLA composites for the periods 1901-1905, 1921, 1923-1927, 1931-1935, and 1947-2000. The negatives consist primarily of member portraits (1901-1905, 1931-1935, and 1947-1974) as well as some composites (1921, 1923-1927, 1947-1951, 1957, and 1971-1974). The CD-ROM contains digital images of member portraits from the 1950s and composites for 1951-2000. The negatives and digital images in this collection were probably created by the offical Government of Prince Edward Island photographers, ca. 1980 and ca. 2002.

Unknown

Prince Edward's Island map : [ca. 1826]

  • CA PCA Acc3212
  • Collection
  • Copied 1980

This collection consists of one photograph of a map of Prince Edward Island, ca. 1826. Information given on this map includes a listing of the lots and original proprietors, number of acres per lot, names of settlements, islands, parishes, etc. Mrs. M. W. Weeks of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, was the collector of this item.

Unknown

HMCS "Charlottetown" bell photograph

  • CA PCA Acc3232
  • Fonds
  • [ca. 1980]

This collection consists of one photograph of the bell salvaged from the HMCS "Charlottetown", ca. 1980. The bell from the frigate HMCS "Charlottetown", launched in September of 1943 and then declared surplus and sunk less than four years later, was presented to HMCS "Queen Charlotte", the naval division in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. For years, the bell sounded the watch for naval reservists, sea cadets and navy league cadets during their training periods. In 1964, with the decommissioning of the naval division, the bell was turned over to the Confederation Centre Library under an agreement whereby it may be recalled by Naval Headquarters if another "Charlottetown" is ever commissioned. The bell hangs in the Library with the ship's crest and is rung every evening to warn that closing time is near.

Unknown

Officers Queen Square School Cadet Corps, Winners of the Brown Cadet Corps Trophy, 1917

  • CA PCA Acc3270
  • Fonds
  • 1917

This collection consists of one photograph of the officers of the Queen Square School Cadet Corps, 1917. Members are identified as follows:

Back Row, L-R: Herbert Doherty, Charles Jenkins, James Zaib, John J. Connolly, Arthur J. Byrne, John McQuaid and Anthony Francis

Front Row, L-R: Vernon Maddigan, M.E. Francis and Charles Doucette

In May of 1906 in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, an Army Cadet Corps for senior boys was authorized by the Charlottetown Board of School Trustees, to be known as Number 148 Queen Square School Army Cadet Corps. The first Chief Instructor was Principal James Landrigan, a distinguished marksman. Most succeeding Principals and male teachers became qualified cadet instructors to carry on the well established tradition. The Army Cadet Program offered a opportunity to promote leadership, citizenship, sportsmanship and esprit de corps within a school. This Corps was reportedly one of the best corps in Headquarters Area, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

Unknown

Results 61 to 70 of 99