Print preview Close

Showing 1149 results

Archival description
Public Archives and Records Office of Prince Edward Island Only top-level descriptions
Print preview View:

"Easter Beef Show and Sale: a look back" / by Glen Cotton

  • CA PCA Acc4444
  • Fonds
  • 1995

This fonds consists of a brief article which outlines the administration and history of the show including changing standards, numbers and prices.The first annual Easter Beef Show and Sale, held in the spring of 1952 was organized by a group of Pr...

"Fixed link" scrapbook

  • CA PCA Acc4708
  • Fonds
  • 1989-1992

The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings, primarily from Island papers from 15 August 1989 to 3 December 1992 documenting the controversy surrounding the proposal to build a fixed link (ultimately Confederation Bridge) between Prince Edward Isla...

P.E.I. Department of Development

"History of St. Cuthbert's"

  • CA PCA Acc4172
  • Fonds
  • [ca. 1970]

This history of St. Cuthbert's Parish in St. Theresa's, Prince Edward Island traces the development of the parish from a mission church to 1970. The history includes a list of resident priests, a list of priests and sisters from St. Cuth...

Unknown

"Minding the House : a biographical guide to Prince Edward Island MLAs, 1873 - 1993" collection : ca.1880-2001

  • CA PCA Acc4879
  • Collection
  • Copied 2000-2001

This collection contains files on Members of the Legislative Assembly serving Prince Edward Island between 1873 and 1993. The files are arranged alphabetically by last name and contain draft biographical notes, copies of articles from books, newsp...

Association of Former Members of the Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island

"Railway King" photograph : [ca. 1872]

  • CA PCA Acc2966
  • Collection
  • Photographed 1977

This collection consists of one photograph of a painting of the barque "Railway King", ca. 1872. The artist is unknown. The barque "Railway King" was built in Summerside on 12 December 1871 by James Colledge Pope. The sailin...

Unknown

"The Island Magazine" photographic fonds : [1920-1935]

  • CA PCA Acc3199
  • Fonds
  • Copied 1980

"The Island Magazine" is a semi-annual publication of the Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation comprised of articles and reviews of Island history and folklore. The first volume was published in the Fall-Winter of 1976. ...

Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation

"Turret Bell" crew photograph : 1906

  • CA PCA Acc4920
  • Collection
  • 1906

The collection consists of one photograph of the original crew of the whaleback steamer "Turret Bell", ashore at Cable Head, Prince Edward Island, in 1906. The photographer is unknown and the individuals in the photograph are unidentifie...

Unknown

104th Regiment of Foot fonds : 1812-1813

  • CA PCA Acc2349
  • Fonds
  • Photocopied [before 1971]

This fonds consists of the quarterly pay list of the 104th Regiment of Foot dated 25 September 1812 to 24 March 1813. Pay master was H. H. Carmichael. Information includes the number, rank, and name of the individuals, the amount of pay and addi...

Great Britain. Army. 104th Regiment of Foot

1939 Royal visit photograph : [14 June 1939]

  • CA PCA Acc4882
  • Collection
  • Copied 2004

The photograph shows King George VI and Queen Elizabeth outside of Province House in Charlottetown during their visit to Prince Edward Island on 14 June 1939. The King and Queen can be seen shaking hands with a group of war veterans. The man sha...

Unknown

Results 1 to 10 of 1149