This collection consists of a photograph of the Bank of Nova Scotia hockey team, 1932/33. Individuals are identified as follows:
Front row, left to right: Ralph Ramsay, Summerside; Ivan Sinclair, Charlottetown; Robin Cameron, Charlottetown; John Denny, Charlottetown; Herbie Desborough, Truro
Middle row, left to right: Stan Stewart, Victoria, PEI; Alan Mosher, Truro; Ed Owen, Charlottetown; Phil Meek, Canning, N.S.
Back row, left to right: Carl Tibert (Assistant Manager); Jud Logan, Grand Manan
The Bank of Nova Scotia opened its first branch on Prince Edward Island on 19 June 1882 in a building purchased from the defunct Bank of Prince Edward Island located at the northeast corner of Great George and King Streets. In 1883 it amalgamated with the Union Bank of Prince Edward Island and removed to that institution's building on the southeast corner of Great George and Richmond Streets. It continued to conduct business at this site until 1921 when it moved into new premises at Grafton and University where it remains today. (Information taken from "The Currency and medals of Prince Edward Island" by Robert J. Graham, Earle K. Kennedy, J. Richard Becker.)