Affichage de 2760 résultats

Description archivistique
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

33 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Eileen Oulton collection

  • CA PCNAM AM0006
  • Collection
  • 1960-1978

This collection consists of genealogical and historical material relating to the town of Alberton, Prince Edward Island, which Eileen Oulton collected or complied between the years 1960 and 1978. The collection is divided into 15 series: Photographs; Genealogy; Interviews; Local Histories; Folk Songs; Diaries; Newspaper articles written by Eileen Oulton; Newspaper articles; Royal Canadian Legion, Tignish Branch #6 Monthly Bulletin; Heritage Foundation newsletters; Alberton and Area Churches; Artifact and photo ledgers; Shipping Casualties and notes on ships; P.E.I. Railway Stations; and Miscellaneous. The images in Series 1 were collected from local residents with the assistance of Frank Pridham. Series 2 - Genealogy includes genealogical cards organized by family name, family genealogical charts, obituaries, Catholic Church records, Cemetery records, and other various finding aids.

Sans titre

Alexander McKenzie land documents

  • CA PCA Acc4447
  • Collection
  • 1809, 1817

The collection is composed of two conveyances of land in Lot 24 to Alexander McKenzie of Brackley Point/Rustico: one of 100 acres from Samuel May Williams in 1809 and the second of 123 acres from James Hodges in 1817.

Sans titre

McLeod family fonds : [1927-1934]

  • Collection
  • Transcribed 1999

The collection consists of eighteen transcribed letters dated 1927 to 1934. The earliest letters were written by Neil and Ada McLeod to their son William and his wife Alice about their daily lives in Summerside as well as an account of a trip to England, Scotland, and continental Europe in 1928. There are also letters written by Neil following Ada's death and several letters written by William's brothers Neil, Norman, and Donald. Included with the letters are transcribed obituaries for both Neil and Ada McLeod and annotations about the family written by Frank McLeod.

Sans titre

Ernest J. Steele collection

  • Collection
  • 2001

The collection consists of twenty-four photocopied pages including handwritten notes by Mr. Steele about his memories of boyhood and the war years, a list of captains serving on the CN ferries during his employment, a list of members of the Crystal Sisters hockey team, a typewritten account of James "Stork" Gillis, and a typewritten list of Summerside policemen from 1876-1969. The four original sheets consist of one page written by Mr. Steele about the guns in Memorial Park and three pages of notes taken by Fred Horne during a December 2001 talk with Mr. Steele. The audiocassette in the collection contains a sixty-minute interview.

Sans titre

William E. Green collection

  • Collection
  • 1900-1915, 1955-1960, 2001

The collection is comprised of textual materials about the Green family and its significance in Summerside history, a Salvation Army songbook and minute book (dated Summerside 1902-1914) which belonged to Mrs. James Green, and a 2001 letter written by Gorden Potten about the Green house on the western edge of Summerside. The photographs are of Kenneth, Benton W. and Ella Jean Green, and the Green house mentioned in the letter.

Sans titre

John and Margaret Hopkirk collection

  • Collection
  • 1870-1997

The collection consists mainly of special edition newspapers, including the Journal-Pioneer centennial issues for the province in 1964 and 1967, the town of Summerside in 1977, and the Summerside Journal in 1965. There are also supplements to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the RCAF Station in 1966 and the 40th anniversary of CJRW in 1988. An issue of The County Line Courier in 1990 is a special railway edition and another in 1991 is devoted to Celtic culture on the Island. There are two issues, Volume I, Nos. 3 & 5, of The Daily Journal published in 1896 by W.A. Brennan, owner of The Summerside Journal. Some newspaper clippings refer to the debate about Maritime Union in 1970 and the Summerside Waterfront Development Program in 1971. The collection contains an 1891 Young Ladies Journal, a 1923 guide to Prince Edward Island by publisher Ernest Heaton in Toronto, a 1927 map of the province, and a colour print of the ship "Charles E. Lefurgey." There is a 1950 article from the Montreal Standard about Summerside titled "Canada's Richest Town" and a 1986 article about the California periodical The Maple Leaf. A sizable portion of the material is related to the building of the Confederation Bridge and the earlier proposals for a link to the mainland.

Sans titre

Owen Green collection

  • Collection
  • Photocopied 2001

The collection contains three files of photocopied pages. The first file is a copy of Owen Green's self-published 1997 booklet entitled "A Few Greens from Green's Shore: Israel Green Branch." It provides an overview of Daniel Green, the pioneer, followed by information about the second generation of Greens in Prince Edward Island. Emphasis then turns to the author's grandfather Owen Green and his descendants. The second file contains 151 pages copied from "The New World Book of Greens, Volume I" published in 1998 by Halbert's Family Heritage. The third file is comprised of correspondence between Owen Green and several archival repositories in Pennsylvania while he was continuing his family research from 1999-2000.

Sans titre

Ralph Murray collection

  • Collection
  • [1885, 1920], 1997-1999; Copied 2000

The collection consists of two videocassettes capturing the final trip aboard the ferry "John Hamilton Gray" in 1997, interviews with Marine Atlantic employees, and several CBC news items about the end of the ferry service and the opening of the Confederation Bridge. A copy of an 1885 photograph depicts the arrival of mail by iceboat. One of the three men in the photo is Ralph Murray's great-grandfather Alexander (Sandy) Muttart. A digital copy of the second photograph shows Mr. Muttart ca. 1920 sitting on a verandah. The printed page is a copy of Mr. Murray's poem "The Wake" written in May 1999.

Sans titre

J. Edward MacInnis collection

  • Collection
  • 1976-2000

The collection consists of 27 books and 48 issues of the Island Magazine. Most of the items have been shelved in the reference library in the MacNaught Reading Room. Duplicates are held in storage.

Sans titre

Résultats 1 à 10 sur 2760