Affichage de 7 résultats

Description archivistique
Seulement les descriptions de haut niveau Public Archives and Records Office of Prince Edward Island Collection Ships - Photographs Anglais
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

Mrs. J. MacMillan collection

  • CA PCA Acc3386
  • Collection
  • Photographed 1982

This collection includes photographs of three original works of art of sailing vessels by an unknown artist. The first photograph depicts the 388 ton barque "Undine" which was built in Summerside in 1864 by John MacKinnon and was owned by James C. Pope of Summerside. In February 1868 it was sold at Liverpool, England. The remaining two photographs depict the brig "Hope" was also most likely built on Prince Edward Island with the intention of selling her in the United Kingdom market. Included in the collection are both black and white and colour negatives.

MacMillan, Mrs. J.

"Railway King" photograph : [ca. 1872]

  • CA PCA Acc2966
  • Collection
  • Photographed 1977

This collection consists of one photograph of a painting of the barque "Railway King", ca. 1872. The artist is unknown. The barque "Railway King" was built in Summerside on 12 December 1871 by James Colledge Pope. The sailing ship had 3 masts and 2 decks. She measured 166 feet long, 34 feet wide, 17 feet deep and weighed 789 tons. Her master was Captain Allan Finlayson of Vernon River. On 14 June 1872, she was turned over to merchant James Malcolm of Liverpool. She went down off Cape Canso, Nova Scotia on 9 December 1872.

Unknown

G. Douglas Murray photograph collection : [ca. 1900-1927]

  • CA PCA Acc3368
  • Collection
  • Copied 1982, 1984

This collection consists of 17 photographs which include the following subjects: ships and harbours, including the schooner "Ledee Adele", and the steamship "Bonavista"; the Bayview Hotel; groups of individuals; portraits; and a group assembled near an airplane prior to its flight to Truro, Nova Scotia in 1919.

Murray, G. Douglas

Mrs. Howard Vickerson collection : [1918-1920]

  • CA PCA Acc2772
  • Collection
  • Copied 1975

This fonds consists of 18 photographs of three ships built by John A. MacDonald (1874-) of Tracadie, Prince Edward Island, in 1918-1920.

The first of the 3 MacDonald ships whose images have been captured in this collection is the "Anna MacDonald". She was built and launched in 1920 and was at least partially owned by John A. MacDonald. The "Anna MacDonald" weighed 183 tons.

Ship number 2, the "Barbara MacDonald" was owned solely by John A. MacDonald. She was built in 1919 by Duncan S. MacLaren and launched in that same year. The 162 ton schooner was wrecked on her maiden voyage, when she sank during a fierce storm off the coast of Newfoundland on December 14, 1919.

The final vessel, the "Victory Chimes" was built at Cardigan in 1918 by Kimble Coffin. She weighed 297 tons and was jointly owned by John A. MacDonald, George A. Thomson and Eleanor B. Lyons.

Vickerson, Mrs. Howard

L. H. Thomas collection

  • CA PCA Acc2613
  • Collection
  • ca. 1920

The collection consists of a photographic view series containing nine images of Prince Edward Island circa 1920. The majority of the images depict scenes in Charlottetown including: St. Dunstans Cathedral; Prince of Wales College; Market House and Government Buildings; Queen Street; Victoria Hotel; and the Railway Station. Other images include the car ferry "Prince Edward Island" and ice breaker "Northumberland Strait," as well as a fishing scene in an unidentified area of PEI.

Thomas, L. H.

"Turret Bell" crew photograph : 1906

  • CA PCA Acc4920
  • Collection
  • 1906

The collection consists of one photograph of the original crew of the whaleback steamer "Turret Bell", ashore at Cable Head, Prince Edward Island, in 1906. The photographer is unknown and the individuals in the photograph are unidentified.

The ship "Turret Bell" was launched from Newcastle-on-Tyne, England in 1894. On 2 November 1906 the ship was blown off course and onto rocks off Cable Head, Prince Edward Island. The ship was a local viewing attraction for three years, until it was salvaged on 31 July 1909. The ship was towed to Charlottetown, then to Quebec for repairs, after which she returned to her work in coastal shipping and trading.

Unknown