Print preview Close

Showing 99 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Unknown
Print preview View:

Henry Pope Mills family photograph : [ca. 1910]

  • CA PCA Acc4309
  • Collection
  • [ca. 1910]

This collection consists of a family portrait of Henry Pope Mills and his wife Lydia Ann (Mutlow) with their children Daisy (Ball), Will, Percy, Everett, Annie (Warren), Tom, Sadie (Young), Maggie (Cudmore), Lottie (Knowlton) and Roy, circa 1910.

Henry Pope Mills was born on 2 August 1859 at Little York, Prince Edward Island, the son of Stephen and Eleanor Mill. He was married to Lydia Ann Mutlow of Vernon River on 15 February 1879 with whom he had 10 children. For many years he operated a butcher and green grocer's shop at the corner of Weymouth and Fitzroy Streets in Charlottetown.

Unknown

Prince Edward Island photograph collection

  • CA PCA Acc2301
  • Fonds
  • 1824-1940

This collection consists of 338 photographs, 84 glass plate lantern slides, 1 print, and 1 carte-de-visite containing four images as well as their negatives. These photographs depict various Prince Edward Island subjects including prominent citizens, athletic teams, historic landmarks, events, public and commercial buildings, private dwellings, modes of transportation, landscapes, and cityscapes. Some of the images are not identified. Several of the photographs are oversized and are noted in the item listing.

Unknown

Lieutenant-Governors and Premiers of Prince Edward Island photographic collection

  • CA PCA Acc2741
  • Collection
  • Copied 1985?

The collection contains images of the Lieutenant-Governors (1769-1985) and Premiers (1851-1978) of Prince Edward Island. It appears that the photographs may have been collected and copied as part of an exhibit of the Lieutenant-Governors and Premiers of PEI.

Unknown

Exhibition grounds photograph

  • CA PCA Acc4398
  • Collection
  • [ca. 1955]

This collection consists of an aerial photograph, taken ca. 1955, depicting the coliseum, barns, grandstand, and midway in operation during a Provincial Exhibition.

Provincial exhibitions have played a major role in the agricultural and social life of Prince Edward Island. The Charlottetown Driving Park and the Exhibition grounds and buildings have occupied the land next to the Hillsborough River west of the Hillsborough Bridge since the late 1880s. The grandstand was built in 1889, followed by a beautiful main building in 1890. This latter building was destroyed by fire in 1945 and its place was taken by the coliseum in 1952. The coliseum was replaced in preparation for the 1991 Winter Games by a much larger sports complex.

Unknown

Sgt. Anthony H. Fry photograph

  • CA PCA Acc4411
  • Collection
  • [ca. 1943]

The collection consists of one mounted photograph of Sgt. Anthony H. Fry ca. 1942.

Anthony H. Fry, RAF 65846, was a member of the no. 46 Air Navigation course at No. 31 General Reconnaisance School in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, from 16 March to 18 July 1942. Thereafter he was operational in Lancaster bombers of the 103 Squadron, RAF. Sergeant Fry was shot down over Holland on 1 April 1943.

Unknown

Ayrshire Field Day - Home of W. A. Moase & Son

  • CA PCA Acc4468
  • Fonds
  • 4 August 1962

The fonds consists of a photograph taken of 22 Prince Edward Island breeders who had been breeding Ayrshire cattle for 40 years or more. It was taken at the home of W. A. Moase & Son in Kensington on the occasion of an Ayrshire Field Day, 4 August 1962.

Front row: Earle MacRae, Willard Prowse, W. A. MacLean, D.J. Mullins, Keith Boswell, W. A. Moase, Mrs. George Boswall, George Matheson, Edwin Reid, John A. MacDonald

Back row: Major MacRae, Windsor Bell, Wilfred Furness, Gavin Reid, R. C. Parent (representing Experimental Farm), J. Heber MacPhail, P. A. MacIsaac, Fred MacRae, Louis Cairns, Alan MacLeod, William Younker, Earle Ings

Unknown

Memorandum book; accounts

  • CA PCA Acc4479
  • Fonds
  • 1835-1864

This fonds consists of an indexed account book, labeled "A", containing an alphabetical listing of the store's customers and itemized customer accounts. In many cases the customer's occupation and place of residence are included. Customer's residences take in many parts of Queen's County, Prince Edward Island, and include South Shore, Tryon, Rustico, Cavendish, Little York, Millcove, Frenchfort, New Bedeque Road, Banockburn Road, Prince Town Road, Charlottetown, St. Peter's Road, Royalty, and Brackley Point Road.
Goods bought at the store include groceries, tobacco, dry goods, and hardware items. The title on the cover of the book gives the dates 1835-1864 but some entries from 1865 are included.

Unknown

Popular verse and biography of Kings County collection

  • CA PCA Acc4511
  • Collection
  • 1882-1971

The collection contains a variety of verse and stories concerning people and events from the St. Peter's Bay, Souris, and North Lake areas of Prince Edward Island. Some of the items have a date and references that may indicate these materials were gathered and transcribed as part of a research project of some kind in the early 1970s.

Creator of this collection is unknown although several items appear to have been the property of George MacIsaac of St. Peter's, Prince Edward Island.

Unknown

Longshoremen who unloaded last coal boat in Charlottetown harbour photograph

  • CA PCA Acc4562
  • Collection
  • [193-?]

This single collected item consists of an image of a large group of longshoremen and a pair of horses posed in front of a vessel at dock. She is reported to be the last vessel to deliver a load of coal to the Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, docks.

Unknown

The mill at Crapaud

  • CA PCA Acc4663
  • Collection
  • [ca. 1910]

The watercolour depicts the top side of the dam at the mill at Crapaud, Prince Edward Island ca. 1910. In the mid 1800s James Howatt operated saw, carding and grist mills at this location. They became known as the Leard Mills when the Bradford Howatt sold them to Charles Leard around 1900. The mills changed hands within the Leard family for several years thereafter. The grist mill burned in the early part of the century and was replaced with a new building. The artist is unknown.

Unknown

Results 51 to 60 of 99