Fonds - Lee & Genberg Logging Company fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Lee & Genberg Logging Company fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1930-1951, 1975-1978 (Creation)
    Lee & Genberg Logging Company

Physical description area

Physical description

75 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Lee & Genberg Logging Co. Ltd. was formed in 1938 by Frank Lee and Gideon Genberg. Frank had been in the logging contracting business for at least nine years with partners Gus Carlson, and also Fred and Lon Larsen before becoming a partner with Gideon. Lee & Genberg operated on the north coast of British Columbia in Bishop Bay, Goat Harbour, Kitsaway Island, and Whalen Lake. Contracts from 1929-1951 were with Pacific Mills Ltd. at Ocean Falls while the 1975-1977 period shows the company contracting with Crown Zellerbach and operating in Collins Bay and Whalen Lake.
Frank Lee married Olga Hellan on October 19, 1912 in Sandwick, BC. Frank was born in Virginia to Christopher and Martha (McCoy) Lee and Olga was born on November 4, 1893 in Comox BC to Ole and Marie (Patterson) Hellan. The couple had one son, Marvin G., born April 1922. Marvin and Peter Genberg operated the company in the 1970s. Olga died on January 26, 1978.

Custodial history

The records came to the archives in 1990 from Douglas Mille of Courtenay and in 1998 from the Tourist Bureau in Prince Rupert.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of records related to Lee & Genberg Logging Co. Ltd. It includes financial records, Scale & Royalty Account sheets, WCB information, correspondence, contracts, and two notebooks containing employee purchases.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

1990.044; 1998.048

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created on January 6, 2014

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres