Subseries SS26 - Montreal Mountain Street Methodist Church

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Montreal Mountain Street Methodist Church

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Subseries

Reference code

CA QUEBEC P603-S2-SS26

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1843-1933 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

,32 mètre(s) linéaire(s) de document(s) textuel(s)

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

En 1833, la Wesleyan Chapel, une branche de la St. James Methodist Church, ouvre ses portes. Dès l'année suivante, la communauté s'appelle Montreal First ou Ottawa Street Methodist. Entre 1854 et 1866 la communauté porte le nom de Montreal West et de 1866 à 1870 Montreal South. À compter de 1887, elle porte le nom de Mountain Street Methodist Church. En 1925, la communauté se joint à l'Église unie du Canada. En 1931, la Mountain Street Methodist Church in the United Church of Canada est réunie avec Inspector Street Mission of the American Presbyterian Church pour former la Central United Church. Le 21 janvier 1834, une petite chapelle est construite sur la rue Wellington près de la rue McGill, à Montréal. En 1836, le sous-sol est utilisé pour l'école de jour. Un incendie détruit le temple en 1845 et, en 1847, un nouveau temple, très vaste, est construit sur la rue Ottawa à l'intersection de la rue Ann, à Montréal. La grande crue des eaux de 1887 décide la communauté à reconstruire un temple sur une terre plus hospitalière. Le 13 février 1888, à l'intersection des rues Mountain et Torrance, à Montréal, le nouveau temple est ouvert aux membres pour les célébrations religieuses. Le temple est consacré 6 mai 1888. Le temple subit deux incendies, en 1922 et 1930

Custodial history

Scope and content

Cette sous-série comprend les procès-verbaux de l'Official Board (1914-1933), du Board of Trustees (1930-1933), du Sunday School (1914-1929) et de la Congregation Meeting (1930) de Montreal Mountain Street Methodist Church. Il s'y trouve de plus les documents financiers du Building Committee (1886-1898), les registres des membres de la communauté (1913-1936) et les registres d'état civil (1843-1933)

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script note

Anglais

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Guide to the Local Church Records of the Montreal/Ottawa Conference of the United Church of Canada

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area