Item is-jas-pa 4-20 - Nativity Scene in St. Mary and St. George Anglican Church, Jasper, Alberta.

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Nativity Scene in St. Mary and St. George Anglican Church, Jasper, Alberta.

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

CA JAS jas-2522-is-jas-pa 4-20

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [ca. 1942] (Creation)
    Creator
    unknown

Physical description area

Physical description

1 photograph : b&w ; 17 x 12 cm.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

No information available

Custodial history

Scope and content

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Played by: Joe Bryant (Joseph), Jessie Arkwright (Mary), Walter Brodie (Simeon), Arkwright (Anna the prophetess ). The Jasper Anglican Church began in 1913 with the donation of a small boxcar to hold services. Dry cedar logs were then donated by Mr. McCall of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway. The church had two cash donors thus ending up with two names: St. Mary and St. George Church. The Women's Auxiliary raised money to furnish the church bit by bit. A tower was built as accommodations for the clergy. Rev. Edwards later submitted plans for a rectory which was built by him and his wife. In memory of her son, an English woman anonymously cleared the church's debt and donated twenty thousand dollars to rebuild the church. Mr. Calderon, an architect, was hired to design the church. Governor General Willingdon laid the cornerstone in July and the first service was held December 22, 1928. It was consecrated the following year by Bishop Gray. Since 1925, an annual memorial has been held at the foot of Mt. Edith Cavell for the British nurse Edith Cavell. The church tower is also dedicated to her memory.<br><br>

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

modified: 2003-01-09

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (External URI) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres