Collection Acc4122 - Northumberland Ferries photographs : [ca. 1950]

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Northumberland Ferries photographs : [ca. 1950]

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the collection

Level of description

Collection

Reference code

CA PCA Acc4122

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • Copied 1990 (Reproduction)
  • [ca. 1950] (Creation)
    Creator
    Unknown

Physical description area

Physical description

2 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Provenance is unknown.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The collection consists of two photographs; one of the "Prince Nova", the first Northumberland Ferries vessel, at the ferry terminal wharf, the other of the Board of Directors of Northumberland Ferries Ltd.

Northumberland Ferries Ltd. was incorporated to operate in Prince Edward Island in 1939 having already obtained corporate status in Nova Scotia. It has operated the ferry transportation from Wood Islands to Caribou N.S. from that time until the present day. The "Prince Nova" was the first vessel to ply the Strait for Northumberland Ferries. Built in 1909, the passenger steamer was named "Waubic" until she suffered serious damage in a fire in 1938 and had to be rebuilt. From then until her arrival in P.E.I. in 1941, she was known as the "Erie Isle". From June of 1941 until the end of the 1957 season she was in service on the Wood Islands Caribou crossing and known as the "Prince Nova". She burned and was abandoned in July of 1959.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Originals were returned to the donor

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

NO RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESS

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

PERMISSION FOR USE AND REPRODUCTION IS REQUIRED FROM THE PUBLIC ARCHIVES AND RECORDS OFFICE; QUESTIONS REGARDING COPYRIGHT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER

Finding aids

NO FURTHER FINDING AID AVAILABLE

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Prints are located in photograph binders in the Reading Room

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area