Title and statement of responsibility area
Section Ste-Anne d'Edmonton sous-fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of sous-fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Fédération des femmes canadiennes-françaises. La Régionale de L'Alberta
Physical description area
0.01 m of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The FÃ©dÃ©ration des femmes canadiennes-franÃ§aises was founded in Ottawa, Ontario in 1914 by Madame Paul-EugÃ¨ne Marchand, and received its official charter in 1918. The FÃ©dÃ©ration aimed to bring together women in francophone communities outside of Quebec. The FÃ©dÃ©ration's goals were to preserve French-Canadian culture, to work towards enhancing women's knowledge in all areas, such as education, the economy, and politics, and to defend the rights and well-being of women and families. The RÃ©gionale de l'Alberta was formed in January 1976 by previously established Edmonton branches, the Section Jean Patoine and Section Sainte-Anne, from Edmonton; sections in Calgary and Falher were contacted. ThÃ©rÃ¨se Lapierre-Laplante was the first regional president. In 1979, the RÃ©gionale de l'Alberta consisted of three branches: Jean Patoine (Edmonton, founded 1973), Lac Froid (Cold Lake, Grand Centre, Medley, founded 1978), and Saint-Isidore (Saint-Isidore, founded 1976), with Les Dames ChrÃ©tiennes de Girouxville as an affiliate from 1980. The second Edmonton branch, Sainte-Anne, existed from 1973 until 1978. Following major restructuring of the FÃ©dÃ©ration des femmes canadiennes-franÃ§aises into the FÃ©dÃ©ration nationals des femmes canadiennes-franÃ§aises in 1985, the RÃ©gionale de L'Alberta was dissolved April 4, 1987.
Scope and content
The sous-fonds consists of the records of Section Ste-Anne d'Edmonton and includes minutes and correspondence.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
- The material is in French and English.
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Access Conditions: None. Use Conditions: Permission for use required. Subject to the Copyright Act.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
No inventory/file list is available.
Further accruals are not expected.
Record No. Fonds consists of the following accessions: PR1988.0110<br><br>