Fonds - St. Andrew's Parish (Cowichan Station, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Andrew's Parish (Cowichan Station, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1904-1999 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. Andrew's Parish (Cowichan Station, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

14 cm of textual records;2 cemetery plans

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

St. Andrew's Church Committee was formed in 1905 and construction on the Church commenced soon after its formation. St. Andrew's, Cowichan Station, was consecrated on February 8, 1906 (also known as St. Andrew's, S. Cowichan). Prior to that, the first service in the South Cowichan area was held in 1887 by the rector of St. Peter's, Quamichan in the South Cowichan Public Hall. Infrequent services continued to be held there until a church was built in 1906. The parish remained connected to St. Peter's, Cowichan until 1976. In 1978, the clergy position at St. Andrew's was vacant and the parish was amalgamated with St John's, Cobble Hill on November 21, 1979. St. Johns and St. Andrews were separated into two parishes in 1988. St. Andrew's is located by the railway station at 2475 Koksilah Road, Duncan.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of parish registers, financial records, property records, membership lists, notes, cemetery records, churchyard plans, and related documentation and correspondence. Parish registers include: baptisms (1923-1999), confirmations (1954-1998), banns (n.d.), marriages (1922-1998), burials (1921-1998), services (1909-1999).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: ANGBC-163

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area