Fonds Acc3199 - "The Island Magazine" photographic fonds : [1920-1935]

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

"The Island Magazine" photographic fonds : [1920-1935]

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA PCA Acc3199

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • Copied 1980 (Creation)
    Creator
    Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation

Physical description area

Physical description

5 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation, founded in 1983 by the Museums Act, operates out of the Beaconsfield Museum in Charlottetown, PEI. The Museum and Heritage Foundation operates seven museums and historic sites, supports educational and publishing programs, as well as administering exhibits and special events. Administered by a board of directors, the Foundation reports to the provincial Minister of Community and Cultural Affairs.

The PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation succeeds the PEI Heritage Foundation, which was established in 1970.

Custodial history

Scope and content

"The Island Magazine" is a semi-annual publication of the Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation comprised of articles and reviews of Island history and folklore. The first volume was published in the Fall-Winter of 1976. This fonds consists of 5 photographs, ca. 1920-1935. All photos are of people and are identified with the exception of a group photo of 7 boys at the Northam School, ca. 1935.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Originals were returned to donor

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

NO RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESS

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

PERMISSION FOR USE AND REPRODUCTION IS REQUIRED FROM THE PUBLIC ARCHIVES AND RECORDS OFFICE; QUESTIONS REGARDING COPYRIGHT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Copy prints of these images are located in the photograph binders in the Reading Room

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area