Title and statement of responsibility area
University of Alberta Extension Department collection
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of collection.
Level of description
CA PAA paa-9194
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Copied [ca.1966] (Creation)
- University of Alberta
Physical description area
205 photographs. -- 2 negatives
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
In 1966, the Extension Department of the University of Alberta donated the material to the Provincial Archives of Alberta. It's unknown if the Provincial Archives of Alberta or the University of Alberta, Extension Department copied the material.
Scope and content
The collection consists of a variety of copied images including photographs featuring maps of the areas of Fort Garry, Fort Ellice, Fort Pitt, Fort Edmonton, the Yellowhead Pass, the North Saskatchewan River, and Fort McMurray dating from the 1880s; photographic copies of certificates and correspondence related to Col. Francis Mewburn dating from 1776 to 1880; photographs of the Lethbridge area featuring images of railways, dwellings, minters, engines, businesses such as H. Bentley and Co., T. Botterill Hardware, and members of the Blood Nation dating from the 1880s; photographs of Medicine Hat featuring a hospital and the Lady Aberdeen's Women's Hospital dating from 1894; images of Saskatchewan including a carbonizing and briguetting plant; photographs of the University of Alberta and the Edmonton area including images of campus residences, the Royal Alexandra Hospital, the University Hospital, classes of students, St. Joseph's College, CKUA Radio Station, farm buildings, the Oliver Institute, and First Nations dating from the 1920s.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
- The material is in English.
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access. Permission for use required. Subject to the Copyright Act.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
No inventory/file list available.
Further accruals are not expected.
Images from the collection may be located in the Provincial Archives of Alberta Photographic Reference Section under the numbers A8280 -- A8376, A5410 -- A5414, and A1803 -- A1812.<br><br>Record No. The fonds includes the following accession: PR1967.0049<br><br>
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- University of Alberta (Subject)