Birge Carnegie Building, Room 29
95 Charles Street West
Victoria University Library - Archives
The history of the Archives is intertwined with that of the United Church, as it was initially a repository that was primarily concerned with records created by the Church.
In 1953, the Archives was given space in the Wymilwood Building, under the direction of the Archivist-Historian who was jointly appointed by the Church and University.
In 1961, the holdings were moved to the newly opened E.J. Pratt Library.
Then in 1972 a new agreement was reached and the Archives was set up in the Birge-Carnegie Building, where it would operate as the United Church of Canada/Victoria University Archives until 2008, at which time a separate United Church Archives at the Church House offices in Etobicoke was formed.
The University records remain at Birge-Carnegie, with the Victoria University Archives functioning as part of the Victoria University Library.
Complete finding aids are available here: http://library.vicu.utoronto.ca/archives/our_holdings.html