- CA PCA Acc2772
- Copied 1975
This fonds consists of 18 photographs of three ships built by John A. MacDonald (1874-) of Tracadie, Prince Edward Island, in 1918-1920.
The first of the 3 MacDonald ships whose images have been captured in this collection is the "Anna MacDonald". She was built and launched in 1920 and was at least partially owned by John A. MacDonald. The "Anna MacDonald" weighed 183 tons.
Ship number 2, the "Barbara MacDonald" was owned solely by John A. MacDonald. She was built in 1919 by Duncan S. MacLaren and launched in that same year. The 162 ton schooner was wrecked on her maiden voyage, when she sank during a fierce storm off the coast of Newfoundland on December 14, 1919.
The final vessel, the "Victory Chimes" was built at Cardigan in 1918 by Kimble Coffin. She weighed 297 tons and was jointly owned by John A. MacDonald, George A. Thomson and Eleanor B. Lyons.
Vickerson, Mrs. Howard