Woodstock Field Naturalist Club fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Woodstock Field Naturalist Club fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

COA 56

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1965 - 1989, nd. (Creation)
    Creator
    Woodstock Field Naturalist Club

Physical description area

Physical description

approx. 11 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Woodstock Field Naturalists' Club began in 1934 with its first meeting being held on June 11th, 1934 at the Woodstock Y.M.C.A. It continues today to acquire knowledge of Oxford County's natural history and its objectives include protecting and preserving wildlife and unique natural areas. For many years they have provided scholarships to students pursuing a post- secondary education in some area of Environmental Studies.

Custodial history

The records were created by members of the Woodstock Field Naturalist Club and eventually became the custody of the Oxford Historical Society. In late 2011, the records were transferred to the Oxford County Archives when it moved to the newly-renovated Governor's House of the Old Oxford County Jail.

Scope and content

The fonds consist of Minute Books (that include newsletters, newspaper clippings, bird censuses, etc) and a couple of Financial Ledgers. A copy of the Club’s Constitution and By-laws and Procedures, dated 7 November 1977, is also included.

Notes area

Physical condition

The materials in this collection are in good condition.

Immediate source of acquisition

The fonds was acquired in 2011 from the Oxford Historical Society.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • Canadian English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

The fonds is open to publish research. However, please contact the archivist responsible for the records regarding access, as some materials may be too fragile to handle. The Archives will make every effort to supply reference copies where feasible.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Copyright is held by the archives. Researchers are responsible for observing copyright regulations that may apply to the publication of their research. If you wish to publish any of this material, please contact the archivist responsible for the records.

The Archivist has the right to restrict reproduction if the material is in a fragile condition.

Finding aids

An item level description is available for researchers.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are potentially possible.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

COA 56

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres